Date: 25 November 2020
Time: 10:00 to 13:00
The aim of this workshop is to help delegates become aware of any biases they are currently unaware of, and to challenge them by:
- understanding how unconscious bias works
- recognising and acknowledging their own hidden preferences, assumptions and biases
- knowing how to think more critically and consciously when making decisions
- being aware of the dangers of prejudice and stereotyping other people
- looking at how unconscious bias affects decision making, working relationships and organisational culture.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- analyse the danger behind the concepts of stereotypes for the workplace
- explore the implications behind discrimination in the workplace
- understand the cognitive processing behind the development of our values systems
- through examining a sociological & psychological model behind the evolution of our values.
- analyse some our own lives and individual case studies to demonstrate some common
- types of Unconscious bias.